Evernew water reservoirs are transparent soft bottles that can be collapsed when not in use. They’re available in four sizes: 600 ml, 900 ml, 1.5L, and 2L and can be used to haul clean or “dirty,” pre-filtered water. They weigh 0.9 oz., 1.oz., 1.3 oz., and 1.5 oz. respectively.
They have a few properties that make them a standout water storage option for backpacking.
I was floored when I discovered this. I’ve been using both the Mini and Point One filters for years with Platypus reservoirs, but it’s been a kluge, and I’ve had to use plumbers tape to keep them the connection from leaking. There’s no need for that if I use an Evernew water bottle. I switched to the 2L Evernew reservoir, which I now use as my “dirty” squeeze bag with a Sawyer water filter, in conjunction with the two recycled 1L plastic water bottles I carry to hold clean water when I hike.
These Evernew reservoirs and bottles have some other advantages as well that I value in a water carry system:
- The bottles have a gusseted bottom, so they’ll stand upright when you set them down. This is very handy in camp or when adding Aqua Mira water purification drops.
- The bottle caps on the Everynew bottles are attached to the bottle with a piece of plastic so you can never lose them. I lost a Platypus cap once and have carried a spare cap in my gear repair kit for the past 3 years.
- Each Evernew bottle comes with a brightly colored elastic lanyard that you can use to keep them rolled up. It’s more durable than a rubber band and brightly colored so you don’t lose it or the water bottle at the river bank.
- There are reinforced areas on the bottom of the bottles that you can perforate using a hole punch in order to hang them inside a backpack hydration pocket or to rig up a gravity water filter system.
- All of the bottles are BPA-free and made with three layer polyethylene for durability and low odor transmission.
While the Evernew water reservoirs and bottles stand on their own merits, their leak-proof compatibility with Sawyer’s water filters seals the deal.
If you dislike the opaque water bags that Sawyer ships with their personal water filters, or you’ve had them fail and need a replacement, do yourself a favor and upgrade to these soft bottles from Evernew. These are the water bottles that Sawyer should have included with their Mini and Point One water filter systems….from the get go.
Disclosure: Philip Werner bought this product with his own funds. This post contains affiliate links.
Most Popular Searches
- backpacking water bottle