The Platypus GravityWorks Water Filter (click to read the SectionHiker review) is a kit that includes all of the components needed to set up a gravity-based water filter system. It includes a water filter, hosing, quick-connectors, a handy hose shut-off valve and two 4 liter platypus hydration reservoirs for holding “dirty” pre-filtered water and “clean” post-filtered water. The Platypus GravityWorks Water Filter has an MSRP of $109.95.
Gravity filter systems like this are very good to use if you need to filter a large amount of water for 2-6 people and don’t want to have to pump it all through a filter or wait for your water while chemicals kill the microscopic bad stuff in it. It works by using gravity to force “dirty” un-filtered water through a passive water filter and in to a “clean” water container. This particular gravity filter system is very well thought out, clear labelled, and easy to use. Effective against protozoa and bacteria, it’s an excellent group water system for hiking or camping.
To Enter: Hiker Food Cravings
In a comment below, list the foods you crave the most and want to eat when you get off a backpacking trip or a day hike.
Here are a few examples to get you started:
The first thing I eat when I get off a hike are Cape Code Kettle Chips and a large bottle of Classic Coke.
When I drive home from a hike I always order an XL coffee at Dunkin Donuts and a toasted Sesame Bagel with Cream Cheese. Hmmm. They keep me from bonking on the drive home.
After a hike, I always stop at a Dairy Queen and get a big sundae.
Deadline to Enter
The deadline to enter this raffle is Tuesday, November 13th, at midnight, PST. Don’t delay! Enter now.
Double and Triple Your Chances to Win
You can double or triple your chances to win doing one or both of the following:
- Go to the Hiking-Blogs.net Directory and vote for at least one of your favorite hiking blogs or gear manufacturers listed in the directory. Share the love and vote for all of your favorite sites!
- Tweet the following message on Twitter: “ Gear Closet Raffle: Platypus GravityWorks Water Filter @philipwerner http://bit.ly/Tw7TGo Ends midnight 11-13-12 ” – (don’t include the quotes)
Raffle Rules (the fine print)
- This raffle is open to US and international entrants with a postal address. Sectionhiker.com will pay for shipping expenses only and not additional duties or taxes.
- A winner will be picked randomly from entrants.
- Raffle prize may take up to 4 weeks to arrive (often less.)
- Raffle winner much respond to an email within 2 days after notification or a new winner will be randomly selected.
- Entries must follow raffle rules or they will be disqualified.
- Raffle prizes come with no product warranty and are provided as is. Some prizes may show minor wear or blemishes incurred through product testing and review by SectionHiker.com.
Disclaimer: Cascade Designs provided Philip Werner (SectionHiker.com) with a complementary Platypus GravityWorks for review.