I recently reviewed a prototype Sierra Designs Flashlight UL 1 tent that the manufacturer sent to me to get my feedback. It’s quite lightweight – 37 ounces, pitches using a pair of trekking poles, and doesn’t require much space to set up, which makes it ideal for camping in wilder, unprepared tent sites. For a full evaluation of it’s virtues and an interesting discussion with the Sierra Designs Brand Manager, see my review of the Sierra Designs Flashlight UL1 from earlier this autumn.
While I’ve had this tent out on a few backpacking trips and rather like it for its excellent livability and small footprint, I’m raffling it off to make room in my gear closet for some other tents I’ll be trying and reviewing this winter.
To enter, you need to submit a 3 line haiku poem with 5 syllables in the first line, 7 syllables in the syllables in the second line, and 5 syllables in the third line, that contains the word TURKEY or TURKEYS in it.
- All raffle entrants will have one chance to win.
- A winner will be selected randomly from all valid entries.
- Please submit English haiku only and keep everything rated G.
- You can submit as many haiku as you want, but each person getone chance to win.
- The prize winner can live anywhere that has postal service (including international.)
- If you have any questions, leave a comment.
A flock of TURKEYS
Crossed me on a forest road
My poodle pursued
TURKEY feathers flew
When my truck hit a fat one
dumb birds can not fly
A big fat TURKEY
can feed a family
or run and play free
Deadline to Enter
The deadline to enter this raffle is Monday, November 18 at midnight, PST.
Submit your haiku entry in the comment form below.
The winner will be announced next week.
Make sure to count your syllables: 5-7-5 and use the word “TURKEYor TURKEYS” in your haiku.
Have fun with this!