Starting August 1st, I’m going to be running a series of daily guest posts by some of the best hikers and hiking writers today. Chances are good that you’ve read some of their books, but if not, this will be a good opportunity for you to become acquainted. In addition to posting, they’ll be on hand to respond to your comments and any questions you might have for them.
For this series, I’ve asked them to share a bit about themselves including stories about their hiking mishaps, things they learned from other hikers, and how hiking has affected them and their families.
Please show them a big welcome!
- Chris Townsend, author of the Backpacker’s Handbook, the Scottish Mountain Guide and many others
- Ron Strickland, author of Pathfinder and the Pacific Northwest Trail Guide
- David Miller, author of AWOL on the Appalachian Trail and The A.T. Guide
- Sara Kirkconnell, author of Freezer Bag Cooking
- Kathleen Meyer, author of How to Shit in the Woods, which has sold over 2.5 million copies!
- Steve Smith, co-author of the White Mountain 4,000 Footers, co-editor of the AMC White Mountain Guide, and owner of the Mountain Wanderer Bookstore in Lincoln, New Hampshire
- Tom Ryan, author of Following Atticus: Forty-Eight High Peaks, One Little Dog, and an Extraordinary Friendship
- Susan Alcorn, author of Camino Chronicle and We’re in the Mountains, Not over the Hill
- Carey Kish, editor of the Maine Mountain Guide
- Justin Lichter, author of Trail Tested
- Will Reitveld, Former senior gear review editor for BackpackingLight Magazine
- Lawton Grinter: author of I Hike and The Walkumentary
- Dennis Blanchard, author of Three Hundred Zeros
- Trish Herr, author of Up: A Mother and Daughter’s Peakbagging Adventure
- Bill Walker, author of Skywalker—Close Encounters on the Appalachian Trail, Skywalker—Highs and Lows on the Pacific Crest Trail, and The Best Way—El Camino de Santiago
- Deb “Ramkitten” Lauman, author of I. Joseph Kellerman
- Walt McLaughlin, author of Forest Under My Fingernails and Arguing with the Wind
- Al Dragon, author of Avalanche and Gorilla Jim, Appalachian trail Adventures and Other Tales