How many pairs of underwear do you take when backpacking?
While some people (like myself) only bring one pair, no matter the length of the trip, most SectionHiker readers bring two pairs on multi-day trips, one to wear, and one to wash while hiking.
The vast majority of SectionHiker readers prefer Ex-officio underwear for backpacking trips because it’s synthetic, moisture-wicking, and don’t cause painful chafing. It also dries very quickly after being washed.
Other popular day hiking and backing underwear choices include:
- Under Armour boxer shorts
- Under Armour compression shorts
- Patagonia Active hipster briefs
- REI boxer briefs
- Smartwool lightweight boxer briefs
- Russel Athletic boxer briefs
All of these backpacking underwear choices are synthetic or wool because they won’t chafe when they get damp, unlike cotton which does and takes forever to dry after it’s washed.
Most Popular Searches
- backpacking underwear
- do i need to change my underwear daily for backpacking trip
- pairs of UNDERWEAR ultralight