Have you been reading a lot of blogger reviews about Primal Strips lately? It seems that the manufacturer ran a concerted campaign to get the word out to the backpacking community about their tasty meatless, vegan jerky. Can’t blame them, I guess.
I’ve been eating my supply of samples steadily since getting back from Scotland and took the last half dozen backpacking last weekend. Admittedly, the stuff is good and comes in a variety of flavors from Texas BBQ to Mesquite Lime.
I thing I like best about this vegan jerky is its texture. It’s far moister than regular beef or turkey jerky and makes a nice compliment to a backpacking meal. Primal Strips don’t have a lot of calories if you are watching your food weight to energy ratios carefully. Still the added flavor variety is a treat and will keep your food bag from getting too boring.
Outdoor Blogger Reviews
I doubt I can say much else that hasn’t already been written about Primal Strips by other backpacking bloggers, so here are a few reviews that I enjoyed reading and you might be interested in too.
- Product Review: Primal Strips Vegan Jerky by Dressed in Dirt
- Primal Strips – Meatless Vegan Jerky by Brian Green
- Primal Spirit Foods: Product Review by Skinny Moose
- Primal String Vegan Jerky is Eco-friendly, Healthy, and Tasty by Wandering Justin
- Primal Strips: The Vegan Alternative to Jerky by 100 Peaks
- Amazon Grocery (quantity discounts)
This product was supplied to sectionhiker.com as a free sample.
Most Popular Searches
- vegan jerky
- primal strips review