It’s just been three years since waterproof down became available in sleeping bags and jackets, but in that short time it’s become a defacto standard across the outdoor industry. The big gear and clothing companies and most mid-sized manufacturers have jumped on the bandwagon with the exception of a few premium goose down holdouts like Western Mountaineering, Feathered Friends, and PhD Designs.
So what’s the consensus:
- Is waterproof down noticeably effective outside of laboratory conditions?
- Is it a must-have when buying sleeping bags, quilts, or jackets?
- Does the down in children’s clothing and outdoor gear have to be waterproofed?
- Is there any difference between the various brands of waterproof down like DownTek, DriDown, HyperDRY Down or is it pretty much all the same?
- What are the pros and cons of waterproof down?
- If waterproof down just marketing “fluff?”
Most Popular Searches
- how good is waterproof down
- Should you waterproof down coats ?
- waterproof down jacket