Walking Across Mongolia, an Ultra-Marathon across the Sahara Desert, Hiking the Pacific Crest Trail, Studying Penguins on the South Pole, Climbing Denali – many people dream of an Ultimate Adventure. What’s yours?
My Ultimate Adventure would be hiking the whole length of the island of Great Britain between its two extremities, Lands End and John O’Groats (called a LEJOG) in the southwest and northeast of the country, a distance of about 1200 miles. Taking about 3 months to walk off-road, I’d take my time, hiking a scenic meandering mountainous route of my own design. I’d like to hike a LEJOG because I love hiking in the Great Britain and Scotland. I love the people (and their dogs), the scenery, the light, the camaraderie that exists among hill walkers there, and the beer. There can’t be that many US citizens who’ve hiked a LEJOG and it would be a unique adventure.
To Enter: Describe your Ultimate Adventure
If you were in perfect health and time and money were no obstacle, what is the Ultimate Adventure you’d want to take? Name the place you want to go or the journey you want to take and why it appeals to you so much in the comment box below. Your Ultimate Adventure can be a hiking, biking, horse-back riding, fly fishing, or any other time of adventure trip you choose.
Raffle Prize: Choose a RailRiders mens or womens hiking shirt
The drawing winner will be able to choose one of the following pairs of hiking shirts from RailRiders:
- Mens or Womens Eco-Mesh Shirt (msrp $69)
- Mens or Womens Adventure Top (msrp $69)
- Mens Veratec Light Shirt (msrp $84)
- Men’s Madison River Shirt with Insect Shield (msrp $79)
- Women’s Oasis Shirt with Insect Shield (msrp $79)
Please note – Mens and Womens shirts may differ in styling, color and sizes. Check the RailRiders catalog for full product details.
Deadline to Enter
The deadline to enter this raffle is Sunday, May 12th, 2013 at midnight EST.
- All raffle entrants will have one chance to win in a random drawing.
- Please keep all responses rated G.
- The prize winner can live anywhere that has postal service (including international.)
- If you have any questions, leave a comment.
- The drawing winner will be announced by June 7th, 2013.