I am not a fan of campfires when I go on hiking trips.
- I don’t appreciate it when people build them outside of pre-established fire rings because they scar the ground
- They’re usually accompanied by drunken or noisy campers
- I think they’re very dangerous in high risk fire conditions
- I don’t like having all my gear smell like smoke the next day
- I don’t understand why every trip with children requires a campfire
Sure, knowing how to build a fire is an important survival skill, but I think more emphasis should be placed on how to avoid needing a camp fire in the first place. Am I just a curmudgeon?
What do you think about Campfires in the Backcountry?
Please leave a comment with your thoughts.
Most Popular Searches
- hiking and campfires
- hiking where can i light fire