Starting May 6th, I’m going to be running a guest post series on SectionHiker featuring 14 more great outdoor authors and photographers. These series have become a bit of a tradition when I go backpacking for extended periods of time and this one will run through May 28th, while I’m hiking across Scotland in the TGO Challenge with my teammates Martin Rye and Grant Sible.
Raffles by RailRiders Adventure Clothing, Each Friday
This guest post series is being sponsored by the adventure apparel company RailRiders, our sponsor for the TGO Challenge. They will be raffling off a pair of their amazingly durable pants or shirts each Friday on SectionHiker during the guest post series in a random drawing. I have been wearing RailRiders hiking pants and shirts since 2008 and swear by them for all of my hiking and outdoor adventure trips. Don’t miss out on these raffles!
Guest Authors and Photographers
I think you’ll really enjoy this latest guest series which features more amazing outdoor authors and photographers, including:
- Carol S. White, author of Peak Experiences: Danger, Death, and Daring in the Mountains of the Northeast, Catskill Peak Experiences, Adirondack Peak Experiences, and Women with Altitude.
- Karen Berger, author of Hiking the Triple Crown: How to Hike America’s Longest Trails, Hiking Light Handbook: Carry Less, Enjoy More, Trailside Guide: Hiking and Backpacking, and many more.
- Gail Storey, award-winning author of I Promise Not to Suffer: A Fool for Love Hikes the Pacific Crest Trail
- Carl Heilman, photographer and author of The Landscape Photography Field Guide, Contemporary Landscape Photography, The Adirondacks, and many more.
- Keith Foskett, author of the Last Englishman: A 2,650 Mile Hiking Adventure on the Pacific Crest Trail and The Journey in Between
- Derek Hansen, author and illustrator of The Ultimate Hang: An Illustrated Guide to Hammock Camping
- Suzanne Roberts, author of Almost Somewhere: Twenty-Eight Days on the John Muir Trail, winner of the 2012 National Outdoor Book Award
- Sam Brakely, author of Paddling the Northern Forest Canoe Trail: A Journey through New England History
- Kathleen Meyer, author of How to Shit in the Woods: An Environmentally Sound Approach to a Lost Art which has sold over 2.5 million copies and been translated into 8 languages!
- Buck Nelson, triple crown hiker, author of Hunting Big Whitetails and creator of the DVDs Alone Across Alaska: 1000 Miles of Wilderness and Alaska Hunting Adventure: 700 Miles Alone by Backpack and Raft
- Walt McLaughlin, author of Forest under My Fingernails: Reflections and Experiences on the Long Trail and Arguing with the Wind: A Spritual Journey into the Alaskan Wilderness
- Bob Welsh, author of Cascade Summer: My Adventure on Oregon’s Pacific Crest Trail and many others
- Paul Stutzman, author of Hiking Through: One Man’s Journey to Peace and Freedom on the Appalachian Trail and many more.
- Jake Morrisson, author of Barefoot Jake, Olympic Mountain Wanderer Extraordinaire
Please welcome these special guests to SectionHiker!
This series is sponsored by RailRiders Adventure Clothing, The Toughest Clothes on the Planet. Hikers, backpackers, and professional guides swear by their adventure apparel because it is lightweight, super-tough, fast-drying and ventilated. For more information or to sign up for a free catalog, visit RailRiders.com.