David Miller, author of the Appalachian Trail Guide recently published the revised 2013 edition of this must-have trail guide. If you’re planning to thru hike the trail this year, chances are you already have a copy and you’ve already left Springer Mountain in Georgia. But if you don’t have the 2013 edition yet, or you are planning a section or thru hike later in the year, here’s a chance to win a free copy.
With mile-by-mile information about the trail, trail shelters, and the trail towns bordering it, the AT Guide is an invaluable aid for planning hikes and dealing with whatever the trail throws at you on your journey (click here for my full review of the AT Guide).
To enter, you need to submit a 3 line haiku poem with 5 syllables in the first line, 7 syllables in the syllables in the second line, and 5 syllables in the third line, that contains the word “hike” in it.
- All raffle entrants will have one chance to win.
- Please submit English haiku only and keep everything rated G.
- You can submit as many haiku as you want, but each person can only enter once.
- The prize winner can live anywhere that has postal service (including international.)
- If you have any questions, leave a comment.
A hike forms in my mind’s eye
The days get longer
My dog loves a hike
time to run free through the trees
new saplings emerge
Deadline to Enter
The deadline to enter this raffle is Thursday, 2/28 at midnight, EST.
Submit your haiku entry in the comment form below.
The winner will be announced next week.
Make sure to count your syllables: 5-7-5 and use the word “hike” in your haiku.
Have fun with this!
Most Popular Searches
- david miller appalachian trail at guide 2013