I am a Long Trail Mentor for the Green Mountain Club and am happy to give you advice about how to hike the Long Trail or what to expect. Thru-hiking or section hiking the Long Trail is a life-changing experience.
Overview and How To
My Long Trail Journal
- Long Trail Southern Terminus to Rt 9. Northbound: October 11-12, 2008. Solo.
- Rt 9 to Rt 11/30. Northbound: May 23-26, 2008, NY/NJ AMC Trip.
- Clarendon Gorge to Rt. 11/30. Southbound, June 6-7, 2008, Solo.
- Clarendon Gorge to Middlebury Gap: Northbound, June 26-29, 2008, Solo.
- Middlebury Gap to Appalachian Gap: Northbound, July 18-20, 2008, Solo.
- Jonesville to Appalachian Gap: Southbound, August 1-2, 2008, Solo.
- Jonesville to Johnson, Northbound, August 22-24, 2008, Solo.
- Journey’s End to Johnson: Southbound: September 11-14, 2008, Solo.
Recommended Guides and Maps
- The Long Trail End to Ender’s Guide: Helpful Hints and Information
- Green Mountain Club Long Trail Guide
- The Long Trail Waterproof Hiking Map
Long Trail Planning Resources
SectionHiker Gear Lists
- Long Trail Backpacking Gear List: Section 3
- Gear List: Long Trail Section Two
- Long Trail Gear List: Section One
- Long Trail Gear List: Section 4
- Long Trail Gear List: Section Six
- Blister Prevention and Treatment for Hikers
- Ticks, Lyme, and Permethrin
- Chemical Free Insect-Bite Prevention
- Hydropel: Move Over Moleskin
- Lightning Storm Safety for Backpackers
- Bodyglide: Skin Chafing Prevention
- Treating your Clothes with Permethrin
- Zinc Oxide: A First Aid Kit Essential
Long Trail History
Most Popular Searches
- long trail
- the long trail
- long trail map