Most overnight and multi-day backpacks are not completely waterproof (even cuben fiber backpacks), and the widespread use of polyester and nylon instead of pack cloth in modern backpacks means that you don’t have to worry about the material of the pack becoming water logged and heavier because it has gotten soaked by rain. Still it’s best to line your pack with a heavy trash bag or use a pack cover if you’re concerned about moisture leaking through the pack seams, external zippers or hydration ports in heavy rain.
Some backpacks with completely waterproof storage include:
- Mountain Hardware South Col 70 Outdry Backpack
- Mountain Hardware BMG 105 Outdry Backpack
- Mountain Hardware Direttissima 50 Outdry Backpack
- ULA Epic Backpack
- Exped Torrent 50 Backpack
How important is having a waterproof backpack where the contents of your pack stay dry even if your pack is fully immersed in water? Do you feel it’s a must-have feature in a backpack or is it a nice-to-have? Why?
Most Popular Searches
- disadvantage of dry pak bags
- feature and objectives of a whater proof bag