I’m conducting an informal reader poll here (leave a comment).
- When was the last time you used a compass in the backcountry?
- Do you carry one with you whenever you go hiking or backpacking?
- Have you ever had to rely on your compass to get you out of a bad situation?
- If so, where and when?
I got lost when I was hiking the Bonds and Owl’s Head last weekend in New Hampshire and had to navigate myself out with my compass. It’s been a while since I had such an urgent need to use a compass like that and I’m curious what your experience has been.
Most Popular Searches
- do i need a compass for hiking
- write a story which ends with the following words safe at last thank goodness i had remembered to carry a compass ?