What is the best family camping tent? What are the must-have attributes of a family camping tent are? How many people should a family camping tent hold? What’s a reasonable price for a quality family camping tent?
Best Family Camping Tents
Most of our readers equate family camping to car camping, where there’s no limit on the amount of stuff you can pack and bring along. Furniture, grills, ice chests and games – the sky is the limit when you pack for a car camping trip.
Time and again, the most popular car camping tents are:
- Cabelas Alaskan Guide Tents: a geodesic style tent available in 4, 6, and 8 person models
- Eureka Copper Canyon Tent: a cabin style tent, available in 4, 6, and 8 person models
- REI Kingdom Tent: a cabin style tent available in 4, 6, and 8 person models
- Big Agnes Big House Tent: A geodesic style tent available in 4 and 6 person models
- LL Bean King Pine Tent: A geodesic style available in 4 and 6 person models
However, about 25% of our readers opt to bring smaller tents on family camping trips because they’re faster to set up, more private (when segregating kids from adults, and use limited campground space more efficiently. Less expensive 4 person tents including the Eureka Timberline 4, the Mountainsmith Genese 4, and the Coleman Instant Dome 4 are most popular for this style of camping.
If you’d like to read all of the feedback we received, check out the comments below.
Updated 2018.Editor's note: Help support this site by making your next gear purchase through one of the affiliate links above. Click a link, buy what you need, and the seller will contribute a portion of the purchase price to support SectionHiker's unsponsored and independent gear reviews, beginner FAQs, and free hiking guides.
Most Popular Searches
- tente camping hollandaise