Klymit, makers of the award winning Inertia X Frame sleeping pad and a leading outdoor product manufacturer, has announced new Universal Load Lifter technology that can lighten the loads carried in daypacks and backpacks by up to 40 per cent. Compatible with all brands of backpacks, Klymit’s Universal Load Lifters attach to the shoulder straps of any backpack and offset heavy loads by reducing the amount of weight that hikers need to carry.
Code-named “Jetson”, Klymit’s Universal Load Lifters are filled with a patented formulation of NobleTek Gas including Helium and Neon, combined with a patented synthetic catalyst that increases their lifting power by a factor of 20, making a 50 pound backpack feel like it weighs 30 pounds and a 30 pound load feel like it weighs 18 pounds.
“Klymit’s Universal Load Lifters finally make it possible for everyone to carry a lightweight backpack without the need to learn new skills or replace their existing camping and hiking equipment,” says Will Reitvelt, senior gear editor for Backpackinglight.com. I like the fact that “users can deflate the Load Lifters when traveling and reinflate them as needed using the same portable gas canisters used in Klymit’s other products.”
“We spent several years perfecting the shape of Klymit’s Universal Load Lifters,” says Klymit’s lead designer Max Maxfield, a worldwide authority on inflatable products, using wind tunnels to optimize the amount of lift and wind resistence that could be provided. We tried the star shape after studying how starfish float and propel themselves in the ocean despite strong currents and turbulance and were surprised at how well it performed at different termperatures and barometric pressure levels. ”
“Klymit is one of the the most innovative outdoor product manufacturers in the world,” says founder Nate Adler, harnessing cutting edge science and technology to create unique outdoor products that perform at new levels. The recipient of numerous industry awards, the company is known for its expertise in manufacturing inflatable products, gas science, seam welding, and body mapping technology.
Klymit’s new Universal Load Lifters will be available this Spring 2013 through major outdoor retailers.
For more silliness:
- Darn Tough Announces “ReFluff” Sock Revitalization Service
- Mountain House Spins Off New Dog House Foods Subsidiary and Canine Product Line
- Outdoor Industry Association Announces New Backpack Volume Standard
- RBG Takes Leave of Absence from the Supreme Court to Hike the Appalachian Trail
- Appalachian Mountain Club to Build Underground Parking Garage in Crawford Notch
- Ski Tuckerman Ravine with the new Tuckerman Taxi
- Maine Appalachian Trail Club Replaces Kennebec Ferry with New Zipline River Crossing Service
- Appalachian Trail Conservancy and Google Express Launch Air-Drop Airborne Drone Resupply Service on Appalachian Trail
- Jetboil Announces Breakthrough BioBoil Camping Stove and Power Recharging Products
- Klymit Revolutionizes Lightweight Backpacking with Gas-Filled Universal Load Lifters
- Gossamer Gear Announces iGorilla Backpack with iPad Pocket and Kinetic Energy Recharger